Moroccan regulations governing the entry to Morocco stipulate that any foreigner wishing to travel to Morocco should have a valid passport or any other document recognized by the Moroccan State as a travel document (Law No. ° 02-03, November 11, 2003 linked to foreigners’ entry and stay in Morocco).
- For foreign nationals whose countries are subject to visa, their travel documents must be accompanied by visa issued by the Moroccan authorities.
- The stay in Morocco for tourism is limited to three months for foreigners who are exempted from visa, and to the duration of visa validity for those subject to it.
- In case a foreigner wishes to extend his stay on the Moroccan territory, beyond the duration of his visa or within three months if he is not subject to it, he should request authorization from the competent Moroccan authority (General Directorate of National Security) so as to avoid staying illegally in Morocco.
- For a foreigner who wishes to have a paid professional activity, he may, in this case, request a registration card.
Conditions of entry to Morocco for foreign nationals whose countries are exempted from the formality of visa:
Nationals of countries listed below are exempted from visa to enter Morocco:
- Saoudi Arabia
- Congo (Brazzaville)
- South Corea
- Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- United Arab Emirates
- United States of America
- Great Britain
- Hong-kong (short stay of 30 days)
- New Zealand
- Singapore (short stay of 30 days)
NB: The United Nations Experts’ passports or laissez-passer issued by the UN are exempted from visa to enter Morocco.
For foreigners coming to or going from Morocco within the framework of an organized trip:
· A valid passport, covering at least the period of stay in Morocco, is required.
Note: For foreigners coming to Morocco with their pets, they need to bring their health certificates issued in less than six days and anti-rabies certificates of less than six months.
For foreign citizens coming to Morocco individually, in couples or groups:
They should have valid passports or other document recognized by the Moroccan State as travel document.
For foreign nationals whose countries are subject to the formality of visa:
In accordance with the above law provisions, the travel documents of foreign nationals whose countries are subject to the formality of visa must be accompanied with payable visa, issued by Moroccan authorities.
Visas are issued to foreigners subject to this formality, after payment of fees, and upon presentation of the following documents:
- Visa application
- Information for visa application Sheet duly filled
- Identity card or stay card
- Valid passport
- 3 identity pictures